Thursday, September 19, 2013

Back to School Night

Last night my wife and I started back to school. We attended our first class of Dave Ramsey's bible-based 9-week course, Financial Peace University.

We tried this out a few years back, after I got laid off and we just got married. We had a lot of success with it. We listened to the audiobooks and after following the advise given we eliminated all of our credit card debt. We felt so good about it that we celebrated . . . by racking up even more credit card debt.

Now, with a year-and-a-half old running around it's time to hunker down and get serious about eliminating debt and increasing our savings.

So, part of our homework for the class is to read chapters from the book, Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money.

Normally I would have some reservations about this, I'm a very impulsive shopper. But this class lets me use spreadsheets to track things and the kit we received had a free pencil . . . pencils and spreadsheets are two of favorite things, I'm in.

Time to get a, peace of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment