Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School


One of the great things I love about back to school, other than not having to go back to school, is seeing all the school supplies. You would think this would be my motivation to buy new pencils, but oddly enough I always have the urge to buy pencils. Not just any #2 pencils, mind you but Dixon Ticonderoga pencils, it's the only pencil I use, and yes i do use them often.
Even though I'm a digital junkie, I take all my notes on paper with a pencil. I have for as long as I can remember. It's my comfort. And when I get bored and feel the urge to doodle, a nice #2 pencil does the job nicely.

After turning in NF books #5 and #6, I decided to stick with the back to school theme and get something to brush up on my programming skills. Meet contestant #7 all the way from 005.2762, JavaScript: The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan. I'm a big fan of O'Reilly books, they helped me out a lot back in college.
I give it 4-5 days before my nightmares return of being back in those C++ classes my junior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment