Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The breaking of the fellowship?

What in the world was I thinking? I just might have sent this project off the rails for good.

Last night, in a silly attempt of nostalgia, I hooked up my original Nintendo Entertainment System AND my Nintendo 64 to the same TV. Not only that, I loaded up The Legend of Zelda and The Legend o Zelda: Ocarina of Time too.
It's dangerous to go alone, take these!

I put my daughter down for a nap, powered Legend on and before I blinked I was already in the level 5 dungeon, battling Digdogger, that giant, orange, one-eyed boss that hates music.

I'm worried that what little time I have left for casual reading in the evenings will be used up collecting rupees and shooting swords.

In an effort to counter this, meet random non-fiction selection #8: 353.0313, The Young Oxford Companion to the Presidency of the United States by Richard M Pious.

Fitting, considering there is an election coming up, or so the negative ads on TV say. Personally I hate politics was a passion, but I also hate monkeys and there is bound to be some primate books on the horizon, so best just to jump in and knock it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment