Friday, October 5, 2012

Bending the Rules

So far, October has not been kind to my non-fiction reading quest. Mostly in part to hectic work schedules, explorations in homemade baby food, and travel preparations. My re-addiction to the XBOX 360 game, Boarderlands, didn't help either.
Regardless, my reading has come to a bit of a standstill. And with travel plans to Red Oak, Iowa and Hannibal, Missouri in the books I felt I needed to take some action. While I have not finished my 2 current selections, The Story of Britain and The Future of Ice, I do feel that some travel reading might provide that spark I need, so I chose 2 more books (breaking my rule of only 3 books at a time, I am not giving up on the other selections, just putting them off a little). I left the random number generators in the garage and I made sure each of them had a personal connection to me this time.

First, selection #12 is: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.
Man Vs In Cold Blood, round 2 . . . 12 years later

I was assigned to read this book in high school . . . I never did. Please understand that in high school I was less interested in reading and more interested in my obsession with Star Wars, video games, and Magic: The Gathering . . . wow, that's pretty shocking how little that has changed! I play a lot less magic these days, only due to lack of other players, at only 6 months Emma has trouble understanding the concept of tapping for manna. Kids these days! I am determined to read this time around.

Selection #13 is: Extra Lives: Why Video Games Matter by Tom Bissell.

Not sure wy this one jumped out at me

I'm hoping this will give me some good talking points so I can convince my wife I need a bigger TV downstairs to feed my addiction, err, I mean . . . oh whatever, I love gaming and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment