Sunday, June 24, 2012

The curious tale of the bucket of potatoes

The curious tale of the bucket of potatoes:
My father-in-law grows potatoes in Nebraska. Back in April, before Emma was born, my mother-in-law brought us some potatoes as well as some for my sister-in-law. Until we would be able to deliver them, we sat them in our storage closet .

We forgot about them . . . a lot.

As a result, I was in for quite a surprise when I opened the storage closet this weekend:
Oh, hello potatoes
I went to throw them away when my wife said: 'Stop, keep the bucket.'
'Why?' I asked.
'Obviously you didn't grow up on a farm.' She replied.
Obviously I didn't because I still didn't understand. Apparently 5 gallon buckets are hot commodities on the farm. And I'm guessing that translates that they will be at our impending homestead as well. (T-minus 1 month till closing!)

The reading project got some life breathed back into it this weekend, I was able to get some reading in during my lunch break at job #2 on Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment