Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oddity

A strange thing happened last night. My girls were taking a nap, the Western Conference Finals was wrapping up, and I had some time to myself. The first thought that came to my mind was to fire up the XBOX and see if could level my Skyrim character up some more. Then, unexpectedly, inexplicably, instead I reached for a book and read.
I know right!
This reading routine just might take up roots after all. Miss Emma is getting pretty good at sticking to her schedule. And she seems to like being read to. We started off with a book called Spots and Dots by Beth Harwood:
Mommy reading Spots and Dots
I wanted to start her off with The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, but my wife and I could not agree on whether we would begin at The Magician's Nephew or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Plus, Emma seems to be into bright colors and shiny things, something the Narnia series I bought her lacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment