Thursday, June 14, 2012

On Air

First of all, a big thank you to Lauren and the DBRL Next blog for the mention! If you haven't checked it out, hop on over and get signed up for summer reading!

And, while on the subject of shameless self-promotion, I'll be talking to David Lile on KFRU this coming Wednesday, June 20th at 8:30AM about the Man Vs Nonfiction project. If you're in the Columbia/Central Missouri area tune in to 1400.

For those of you waiting for the publicity to make my head to get too big to fit in this blog, relax. This is not about me. This isn't a stunt to get people to look at me. I'm an IT guy, we tend to stick to the shadows, blend in. A good IT guy knows he's done his job if no one realizes he was there.

No, this is about Emma and making a rich, book-filled, environment for her to grow up in. And if I have to read through some knitting books, books about termites (I have some slight Isopterophobia), histories of infectious disease, or *shudders* books about Macs then so be it.

As excited as I am about this project, a new wrench has just been thrown at it: we are buying a house.

I am supremely excited at the idea of being a homeowner, I cannot wait to have a back yard, to grill on my deck, to teach Emma to crawl around in the family room. We are currently hoop jumping and are *fingers crossed* about a month and a half away from having our first home. Wish us luck!

So maybe my reading will slow down a bit, but it might also make me nervous/anxious enough to calm myself by knocking out a couple books a week, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment