Monday, September 10, 2012

The battle for Yavin 4

Here is how the 2011 football season went:
I would sit in front of the TV and watch a game, or flip around and watch 3-4 at a time, meanwhile I would have my laptop open and be following as many other games as I could, and trying to keep track of my fantasy football player's stats and/or picks I made on college games.

I think it's pretty clear that I'm a football addict. NFL or college, if there is a football game on I will watch it, no matter who it's between. (except kansas, obviously) I've even been known to watch those high school football games that ESPN puts on, with teenagers bigger than I am that have already committed to playing for USC.

This year kicked off a little differently.
I sat in my basement, designated my 'Man Cave' by my wife, code named 'Yavin 4' by me. I sat on my couch and read my Hunter S Thompson book while I occasionally looked up at the games. Reading and football was occasionally broken up by short games of ping pong with my wife and playing with Emma, who came down to play on the floor shortly after the San Francisco/Green Bay game came on.

But, as much as I love football, I have a new favorite sport.

It's called Peekaboo. And my 5 month old daughter is also a huge fan.

Honestly, when I shout Peekaboo after removing my hands from my face and Emma smiles that giant toothless grin followed by a half squeal\half jabber of Ba Ba Ba it is a far superior high than watching a punt return for a touchdown, or a go ahead score with :32 remaining in the 4th quarter.

And as much joy as it brings me, it has other benefits as well. For example, when my beloved Packers running game against the 49ers was so putrid, a quick game of Peek-a-Boo would be the just diversion I needed in order to stop myself from yelling at the TV. So I guess Emma saved my Man Cave just like Luke saved Yavin 4. Especially since Green Bay lost by 8.

Keeping with this theme, last night before bed, we read Emma the book: Baby Faces Peekaboo by Dawn Sirett. She seemed to enjoyed it.
Baby  Faces Peekaboo!
Miss Em would give this book 2 thumbs up, if she stopped chewing on them

No comments:

Post a Comment